Smart device technology around the home can provide simple solutions to these problems and much, much more.
So what is a smart device?
It's basically any electronic device that can be connected to Bluetooth, Wi-Fi etc., so that it can be operated interactively and autonomously.
Control of these devices is generally via smartphone apps and/or voice operated systems such as Amazon's Echo and Google Home.
The range of smart solutions now available to us is truly remarkable.
Here are just some of the things you can control via smart technology:
- Opening and shutting garage doors.
- Doorbells with built-in high resolution security cameras that can alert you whenever someone approaches your home and record this.
- Internal and external lighting.
- Ceiling fans.
- Window blinds and shades.
- Security alarms.
- Closed circuit camera systems.
- Complete control of your TV and many other home entertainment systems.
- Switching almost any electronic device on or off, indoors or outdoors, via smart plugs.
- Setting up speakers around the home as an intercom and "public address" system, announcing meal times, for example.
- Controlling lawn sprinklers.
- Heaters and air conditioning via smart thermostats.
- Baby monitoring.
- Door locks.
- Washing machines and dryers.
- Cookers that can start cooking your meal so it's ready when you arrive home.
The above list is just a selection of what's possible and the range of smart solutions is constantly expanding.
In most cases, you can exercise complete control of your home no matter where you are in the world. Astonishing technology and peace of mind.
If you're not yet using any smart technology around your home, we hope that you'll be inspired to look further at the many possibilities to make life at home easier, more enjoyable and far more secure.
As ever, please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concerns related to real estate.